Hello everyone! Long time, no post! School is finally out and I cannot wait to start blogging again! For my first post back, I thought I would share a new favorite recipe for the summer: Fresh Tomato & Cucumber Salad. The best part about this recipe is that the tomatoes, cucumbers, dill and basil all came from a local organic farm! I truly believe that when you eat good, you feel good! =)
- 3 Cucumbers
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Large onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Tblsp. Swerve granulated stevia (or other granulated sugar substitue- or sugar)
- 1 T oil (I used sunflower, but olive oil would work too)
- 1/2 Tblsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tblsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic (or one clove minced fresh garlic)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Peel cucumber and but into cylindrical rings, then cut in half again to achieve semicircle shapes.
- Cut tomato into cubes and remove seeds when possible.
- Slice onion into thin rings, then cut the rings in half and separate.
- In a large bowl, combine the produce.
- Mix red wine vinegar, swerve or sugar, oil, basil, dill, salt, pepper and garlic in a separate dish for the dressing and pour over the veggies.
- You can serve the salad first after it has been prepared, but I suggest letting it sit in the refrigerator for 30 min to an hour to let the flavors marinate.
P.S. Check out my new YouTube video!!