What is more comforting than a chocolate chip cookie?
A PUMPKIN SPICE chocolate chip cookie.
These cookies are thick, cakey and chocolatey and the perfect holiday treat. Better yet they are vegan, refined sugar free and can easily be made gluten free!
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 6 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then combine the two together slowly. Add chocolate chips and place dough in the refrigerator for about 30 mins or until it is hard enough to form cookie dough balls. Use hands to flatten the cookies into circle and then bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire wrack to help them set.
- * Can use coconut sugar or brown sugar
- * Can you regular white flour or gluten free flour
- * Can use non dairy chocolate chips if you're not vegan
- * Could add chopped nuts or dried fruit to the batter if desired