So I don’t know about y’all but brownies will forever be my favorite dessert! They are chocolatey and fudgy and sweet and everything I want in a treat!
These brownies came together super quick and are a healthier take on a typically very indulgent dessert! I hope you all enjoy them and make sure to check out the lovely Joy Food Sunshine for the original recipe!
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter (or nut butter of preference)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients. Next melt the coconut oil and nut butter together, then add the rest of the wet ingredients. Combine both mixtures to form brownie batter. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased and or lined 8 x 4 loaf pan. Bake for 15 mins and LET COOL IN PAN before trying to cut into them. These will still be pretty molten when you taken them out of the oven so letting them set is crucial to not having a pan full of brownie batter (although it would still be delicious)!
- You can use whatever nut butter you prefer in this recipe